Recreational Rhythmic Gymnastics Program is designed for the joy and fun of movement. While developing skills within a non-competitive environment, young girls enhance their flexibility, strength, agility, coordination and musicality. All recreational classes are held once a week.
Beginners class is designed to introduce the students to basic gymnastics skills and apparatus handlings. Also young girls will learn to coordinate their movements with the rhythm and the character of the music. No previous experience is required. The length of the class is 1 hour.
Intermediate class is the first progressive level and is designed for the students who have mastered basic skills and strive to achieve a more advanced skill level. The students must accomplish at least one full year of training to move to this class. Length of the class is 2 hours.
Each year annual shows will be held for parents and friends where gymnasts can demonstrate their accomplishments.
Junior Olympic programs
Competitive Rhythmic Gymnastics Program is both challenging and rewarding for the gymnasts of age 6 and up. Gymnasts who demonstrate advanced achievements, high motivation and ability to work independently and in small groups will be evaluated by the coach and placed on the appropriate level. Competitive Levels 3-8 follow the guidelines of USA Gymnasics Junior Olympic Program. Girls will prepare and participate in State, Regional and National competitions. Gymnasts of the competitive team have to understand that without time commitment, efforts, discipline and hard work the success would not be achieved.
Levels 3-5 and Levels 6-8 classes are designed for the members of a competitive team.
Stretching & Conditioning lessons
Stretching & Conditioning lessons are available by request for gymnasts, cheerleaders, figure skaters, dancers, etc. These lessons are focused on enhancing flexibility and strength.
Rules and Policies
The following rules are to help ensure every gymnasts safety and happiness.
- No food, gum or candy allowed in the gym.
- Be sure to remove all jewelry before entering the gym floor.
- Attire: a leotard (no skirts please) and rhythmic half shoes are the best attire for a gymnast. However, a tight tank-top, leggings and socks are allowed.
- Long hair must be pulled off the face, either secured in a pony tail or ballet bun.
- New students are welcome to try a class for free. The waiver of liability should be signed by a parent/guardian prior to the child’s participation in the class.
- Make up classes: if your child has missed a class you should contact the coach to schedule make up class.
- Parents are always welcome to observe the class. However, any communication between a child and the parent is not encouraged during the class. Please understand that when a parent communicates with the child it is a distraction to the coach and students.
- Parents are responsible for dropping off and promptly picking up the student at the end of her class. The student will not be supervised outside of the gym.
- Performances are an important part of the learning process. All students are encouraged to participate in them. However, if for any reason your child will not be able to participate in the performance, the coach must be notified no later than a month before the date of the performance.
- Monthly tuition is due by the 7th of each month. A $10 late fee will be added after the 7th of the month.
- No refunds or credits are given for missed classes, family trips or vacations during the school year, or for closings due to inclement weather.
- A $30 fee will be charged for each check returned for non-sufficient funds.
- Withdrawals require a written 30-day notice. You are responsible for payment of all classes your student is enrolled in until we are notified in writing at least thirty days (30) in advance of withdrawal. Missed lessons cannot be used in place of payment.
- All Saturday classes are subject to change due to the conflict with the date of the competition and the necessity for the coach to bring the team to the competition. Make up classes will be provided at different day and time. You will be notified in advance by email or telephone call about any changes in the schedule.